Friday, February 20, 2015
We Are Hiring!
This year is shaping up to be a busy and wonderful year the Geno Photography! In light of such great news, we are looking to hire a few Second Shooting Interns to help us with weddings. In the past, I have worked with amazing photographers who second shot many weddings with me, but they are also full-time lead photographers so it is often difficult to get schedules to line up. This year, I'm hoping to find a few great people who can join the Geno Photography team, learn about our style and expectations, enjoy one on one mentoring, and build their skills. At the end of the year, I'm hoping these people will choose to stay on with Geno Photography or will at least walk away from their experience with confidence, knowledge, and an awesome portfolio.
I'm looking for someone who is already comfortable and competent behind a camera. It's okay if they still have things to learn, but there will be times when they will be tasked with shooting parts of the wedding day on their own without the guidance of Geno Photography on hand, such as the groom getting ready or cocktail hour.
In addition to shooting alongside Geno Photography, Second Shooting Interns will be tasked with helping gather family and bridal party members for formal portraits, setting up equipment, holding bouquets, and overall assisting with making the day go as smoothly as possible. I love serving my clients and helping to keep them relaxed and stress-free on their wedding day. I'm looking for people who love weddings and are willing to go the extra mile to serve our clients.
In addition to weddings, you will receive a monthly one on one mentoring session. I'm not claiming I know everything there is to know about wedding photography, but I have over a decade of wedding photography experience I can share. Beyond answering questions regarding skills and techniques behind the camera, I can share information about marketing, accounting, business management, and more.
To learn more about our Second Shooting Internships, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little more about yourself. Please include in your email:
- Tell me a little about yourself: hobbies, interests, quirky facts.
- How long have you been shooing, either personally or prefessionally?
- Where can I see your work? I'd love to get a sense of your style and ability! Please include a link to your portfolio, blog, or even some Facebook galleries.
- What equipment do you own? No judgment as to the Canon Vs. Nikon Vs. Other. We just want to get an idea of what you are using.
- If you do not have a DSLR, are you willing to rent one?
- Do you have experience with off and on camera flash setups?
- What are you hoping to learn from this internship?
- Where do you see yourself one year, five years, and ten years in the future?
- What is your favorite thing to photograph?
- What is your weekend availability?
- Once you commit to your internship, are you willing to commit to coming with me to weddings several months in advance?
- Do you have access to a car on the weekends?
- Are you willing to provide excellent service?
- Do you have any questions for Geno Photography?
I'm looking forward to reading your applications and welcoming new Second Shooter Interns to the Geno Photography team!